Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big Day for Aiden!



I can not believe that that it is September 1st already! Where has the time gone. In a little over 2 short months our little man will be ONE sticky finger old! Aiden is patiently waiting for physical therapy to begin, which starts in 2 weeks. Why PT? Well, back in May when he had an evaluation for the Early Steps program he was not using his right side of his body. Well of course not it is not relevant today. The case coordinator asked just last week if I had any other concerns. My concern was he was not independently sitting. Well he decided to put momma in her place as if to say, "I got this!" because 4 days later he was sitting up on his own!He is also crawling just like G.I. Joe. Boy does he move fast! He continues to amaze me everyday!

We are back into school full swing now and Aiden is back at daycare. He has the sniffles but that is to be expected. He was recently weighed and was about 16# 8 oz.

This past 9 months have been 1 wild ride and today was another HUGE day for Aiden. Today Aiden received his hearing aids! There are pretty cool for lack of a better phrase! I was given the ins and outs of these little puppies and Aiden was a pro at letting mom put the aids in his ears. He even wore them for about 4 hourse straight without any complaints! What a trooper!

I think I watch too much TV, because what I INVISIONED was the hearing aids turning on and me saying something to Aiden and getting an amazed look on his face. That is not what I got unfortunately. Instead the hearing aids turned on and he was indifferent to them. He did not react to sound like I thought he would. Although a little disappointed, we are far from discouraged. The audiologist reassured me that with his type of deafness that he may hear really well for a few days and then there may be days he may not hear much at all. Today could have been one of those days. The aids do not make him hear, they just amplify sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment